Tuesday, October 18, 2011

And in the light of day....

OK, in the light of day, last night's demons don't seem so big.  Isn't that always the way?  I don't take back anything I said, because I do believe everything I wrote.  I just usually manage to keep the door closed on that particular closet. And I certainly don't let those thoughts out.  But my sadness overtook my reason last night and the whiny children took over the playground.  So anyway....

This morning things look much brighter for some reason.  Don't really know why, unless someone out there is praying for me.  There is a song by Chris Rice that I just love called "Smelling Coffee".  I don't drink coffee, but I do like to smell good coffee brewing.  (Sorry, beside the point.)  Anyway, verse number 2 especially appeals to me:

I remember reading Your the God who never sleeps
While I've been dreaming You've been singing over me, yeah
Singing about my freedom, waking me up to hear Your song
Now I can't dance hard enough, 'cause yesterday is gone, gone, gone!

I'm smelling coffee, birds are singing just outside
Here comes Your Mercy, streaming in with the morning light
My heart's racing, waking up to Your Smile
It's a good morning, yeah, yeah, yeah.  Good Morning.

I have always loved Zephaniah 3:17:  "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will REJOICE OVER YOU WITH SINGING." (NIV version, accent obviously mine.)  Now, anyone who knows me knows that singing is like breathing to me, so the thought that God sings over me...ME...blows my mind.  Especially since I know me.  I can't believe that He would take great delight in me, quiet me with His love and REJOICE over ME with singing!!!   WOW!!!!!!!  (Me chief of sinners...and he still does all that!) So you can see why I love this song.  Not just because it's so happy and upbeat but it has such a good message.  So anyway, today is better.  Not great, because the whiny children are still hanging around, but it is better.  And that song always makes me smile regardless of my mood.  Plus, you can't argue with the Word!!  Have a Blessed Day...and remember.. He sings over YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment