Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Just in case you were wondering...

...why in the world I call this Kitty Cats and Crucifixes, well, the credit goes to the wonderful writers of the fantastic show Mike & Molly.  I absolutely adore that show!  And I aspire to be Melissa McCarthy when I grow up!  Anyway, in the 3rd or 4th episode, Mike did something boneheaded and Molly was all grumpy about it and was hinting that they wouldn't be going out anymore.  Her Mom and Sister said they had to get her a man "before she fills this house with kitty cats and crucifixes".  Now, if you know me, you know I have 4 indoor cats and a number of outside cats that vary with the seasons.  I love cats.  I have cat calendars (more than one) and pictures of cats and even a stuffed Ty cat that looks like my Leo.  Someone even asked me not long ago (when they found out I am considering a tattoo) if it would be of a cat. I am a crazy cat lady and I admit it proudly.  What some of you (most of you) probably don't know is, I collect crosses.  It started many years ago at a Christmas ornament exchange party.  I wound up with the most beautiful ornament that was a cross made out of capiz shell painted to look like stained glass.  It has a manger scene on it.  Ever since then, I have been buying cross ornaments every year at Christmas, and now it has branched out to not just ornaments, but free standing crosses and picture frames.  My Mom got me a beautiful stained glass lamp in the shape of a cross for my birthday a couple of years ago.  (I love stained glass also.)  At last count I have about 40 crosses.  So, seeing as I am a single woman, with no boyfriend, and I have kitty cats and lots of crucifixes, that whole scene just seemed to fit.  I really hope Chuck Lorre doesn't mind that I borrowed the phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment